Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
REGPOT-2012-2013-1 Program EU FP7
Project BASTION (From Basic to Translational Research in Oncology)
is looking for a
in the project on the role of somatic genetic changes in tissue homeostasis, using NGS techniques on analyses of DNA (including DNA methylation) and RNA (including microRNA)
The project begins in May 2015.
Ref. no: APK2/1210-13/2015
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, physics or medical sciences, and extensive experience in the field
- outstanding publication record,
- be experienced in the analysis of NGS data
- be experienced in preparation of libraries for NGS (demonstrated via publications, references of the candidate’s thesis tutor, previous post-doctoral positions different from the PhD awarding institutions),
- be proficient in English.
Required documents and declarations:
- Reference letter(s)
- Copy of degree diploma(s),
- Copy of certificate(s) of employment,
- Contact information, including e-mail address and phone number
- Declaration about authorization for personal data processing: „I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process (in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act, Journal of Laws of 2002, no 101, item 926 as amended)
- The candidates may include additional information or copies of documents/certificates in support of the application.
A detailed analysis of the received applications will be based on the following evaluation criteria:
- List of publications: 0-50 points
- Professional experience: 0-25 points
- Previous international experience: 0-10 points
- Adequacy of the prepared letter-of-intent with the target-project: 0-5 points
- Reference(s): 0-5 points
- Certificates of extra qualifications that may be of some value for the execution of the project: 0-5 points
Position is offered for 4 months.
Applications should be submitted by 3p.m. (Warsaw time ) on 29th April 2015 to email@example.com with a note in the e-mail subject:
„Competition for the position of Postdoctoral fellow ref. no APK2/1210-…/2015 in “BASTION” project
The admission procedure will be carried out in two steps. First, the applicants are requested to submit application documents. Short listing will be carried out within 3 days after the closing date. Applications will be assessed against person specification criteria and 3-4 applicants will be invited for interview. During the interview candidates will be scored with regard to communication skills, teamwork and project competency. Successful candidates will be offered a position within 2 days after the interview date.
For more information on the project visit our website at http://bastion.wum.edu.pl/
Please be advised that only selected candidates will be contacted, and sent documents will not be returned.